Camel 2.0-M3 release
New and Noteworthy
Welcome to the 2.0-M3 release which approx 109 issues resolved (new features, improvements and bug fixes such as...)
- Complete removal of specialized Exchange using generics
- Performance improvements
- JMS improvements and fixes
- Fixes for Camel Maven Archetypes
- Spring DSL fixes
- Added SSL support to Camel IRC
- Many fixes in the CXF, FTP, Log, Mail and others
- Major improvements and fixes in Bindy
- Removed platforms specific encoding from kits
- Fixed issues related to class loading in OSGi
- Bean also supports lookup in OSGi registry
- Upgraded to Junit 4.5
- Error handler improvements
- Introduced <pacakgeScan> in Spring XML that supports ANT path style filtering
- Introduced PollingConsumerPollStrategy as pluggable strategy for fine grained error handling with Polling Consumer
- Stream caching is disabled by default
- Jetty connector can now be shared among multiple CamelContext
- Added qualifier option to many annotations to specify which CamelContext it should apply in case multiple CamelContext is used.
- All specialized Exchange classes have been removed. You should use org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultExchange instead.
- Renamed DSL in SpringBuilder: bean -> lookup
- Option delay renamed to redeliveryDelay in RedeliveryPolicy.
See known issues from previous releases.
Important changes to consider when upgrading
If you specialized existing components and used specialized org.apache.camel.Exchange classes, your code will need updating to use org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultExchange instead.
Getting the Distributions
|The above URLs use redirection|
The above URLs use the Apache Mirror system to redirect you to a suitable mirror for your download. Some users have experienced issues with some versions of browsers (e.g. some Safari browsers). If the download doesn't seem to work for you from the above URL then try using FireFox
Getting the Binaries using Maven 2
To use this release in your maven project, the proper dependency configuration that you should use in your Maven POM is:
SVN Tag Checkout
For a more detailed view of new features and bug fixes, see: