I'm a French OpenSource hacker living at Melbourne, Australia.
You can find a resume in a more administrative format .doc or .pdf
And in French (.doc) Note: .doc files can be not up2date as they need manual write, pdf is generated automatically.
As an opensource addict, I use maven to build and publish resume regarding myself :-)
If you need more details contact me : olamy AT apache DOT org
You can find me on twitter ,
and some blog entries http://olamy.blogspot.com/.
This resume can change so you can have a look at the changelog
03/2013 - Present : Managing Consulant and OpenSource hacker for Ecetera
My daily job is to do consulting for Ecetera customers and continue doing OpenSource coding
- Consulting for Target: working on the platform refactoring to use Apache Camel routes deployed on Apache Karaf instances
08/2011 - 02/2013 : Open Source Architect Talend
My daily job is to work on Open Source projects used by Talend and to improve Apache Foundation :
- ASF projects : Apache Maven, Apache Archiva, Apache Tomcat, Apache Commons, Apache DirectMemory, Apache Cloudstack etc...
- help on ASF infra for build tools
- Jenkins project
- Other Open Source : Mojo, Redback from Codehaus
09/2001 – 07/2011 : Technical Lead / Application Architect – Accor (Hospitality Department)
OpenTravel / XML / Interfaces :
Intranet Hospitality Applications
- Lead Developper of an XML Inteface between The Accor Central Reservation System and some Hotel Vendors
(Major ones are :
- Developed in Java the core architecture to have a pluggable mechanism to handle various XML format from different partners.
Use IOC containers technologies (Plexus, Spring).
- Application running as a simple webapp in the Tomcat container in Solaris system.
- Implements a Java application to send to various partners (Expedia, booking.com) rates and inventories in the XML/OTA format.
- Developed application to build XML/OTA files containing all informations regarding Accor properties
Internal Company Web Services used by the Front End Website ( http://www.accorhotels.com )
- Implements the first prototype regarding migrating some
internal applications written in client-server to a Web Technology (Struts2/Spring/Tiles/yui).
- Personally standardized the architecture of the applications based on the Struts2/Spring/Tiles frameworks
and implements some common web based components shared in all applications.
- Architect the system for high redundancy using Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat and network load balancing.
Common Components / Development Standardization
- Implements an application which dynamically execute stored procedures and exchange the result with xml.
- Developed a set of common web services (first version with SOAP Axis then moved to REST using jersey framework)
for various applications to access easily to the core system)
- Evangelism to use standard development tools with using Apache Maven, Subversion SCM System, Continuous Integration (Continuum , Hudson) and Sonar.
- Responsible for creating processes and practices to maximize software quality and productivity.
- Build a project “a la” Apache Commons to share reusable Java Components (database access, common hospitality functionality) between various company departments.
- Implements a global crs real time transaction monitoring (gwt front, rrd storing) :
store/display various figures (number, response time, average response time, etc..) on transactions accessing to the Central Reservation System (load datas from applications using REST/json).
- Implements a global crs configuration database access configuration (gwt, spring, jpa2) to enable real time “load balancing”
for routing various applications to the database “grid”.
- Implements a cache mechanism in order to prevent applications accessing all the time to the core system
to get Hotel Availabilities (reduce database accesses to ~15%) (use ehcache and Woodstox xml fast parser).
06/2000 – 09/2001 : Software developper for rtl radio website
Open Sources Experiences
See my ohloh account
09/2007 – Present: Apache Member/Committer/PMC
Maven Project (PMC Chair):
Tomcat Project (PMC)
Archiva Project (PMC).
Sirona Project (PMC)
Commons Project (PMC)
SQOOP Project (PMC)
Continuum Project (not anymore active in this project):
- Bug fixes on Maven core and various Maven plugins.
- Main maintainer of Maven Scm library.
09/2007 – Present: : Jenkins (previously Hudson) Committer
- Work on moving from Plexus IOC to Spring.
- Work on moving from velocity to Struts 2.
09/2007 – Present: Codehaus Committer
Plexus Project :
- Implements Apache Maven 3 support and fix some issues in the Jenkins/Hudson project.
- Work on plexus IOC Container.
- Work on some Plexus Components.
- Work on various Maven Plugins out of the Apache Foundation.
- Work on some bug fixes in the Maven main component.
- DEST Software development during spare time.
- DEUG Lettres Modernes (French literature).
- DUT Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering.