1. Be sure that the person you're adding has been voted by the PMC or is one of the designated Mentors for a project
2. Send this mail:
CC: address(es) of the new pmc member(s)
Subject: [PLEASE ACK] New Incubator PMC member(s): Member1, Member2, ...
The Incubator PMC is adding (a) new member(s):
Member1 <email@example.com> (ProjectX Mentor)
Member2 <firstname.lastname@example.org> (voted...)
Explanation of the process
A chair can add a new PMC member, but it must notify the board first.
72 hours after a board member has ACKed this request, and no other from
the board objects, the person is officially part of the PMC.
For the new member(s)
If he is a Mentor, coming in with a project, you may want to add this to the mail:
Note about adding Mentors
I note that he has not been voted in with a
"[VOTE] Name Surmane as PMC member" but has nevertheless
been accepted as being the Mentor of a project, that
*has* been accepted.
3. Add the person to the incubator CVS avail
3. Wait 72 hours after the ACK of a board member
4. After 72 hours without problems, add the person to:
- apachecvs/committers/board/committee-info.txt 5. Mail the new member this welcome message.
Welcome in the Apache Incubator Project.
Here is some information to get you started as a PMC member.
- please subscribe to the incubator mailing lists:
- ADD OTHER LISTS HERE
- the incubator CVS modules are:
- ADD OTHER CVS MODULES HERE
- all the public information, rules and policies about the
Apache Incubator is in the 'incubator' CVS module under
site/**, and thus published on http://incubator.apache.org/
- the incubator/site/whoweare.wiki page lists all project
members, as is also registered in the CVS module
'committers' under board/committee-info.txt
- the Incubator website is published by committing the
Forrest-generated docs in the 'incubator-site' CVS module
- all private information for the Incubator PMC is
ADD PRIVATE RESOURCES HERE
- all Incubator PMC members have full access to all CVS
repositories (also of the incubating projects for
oversight purposes) and are wiki admins
- status documents about Incubating projects are under
incubator/site-author/project/ directory; please keep the ones you are
- all committers on all incubating projects have access to
the 'incubator' and 'incubator-site' CVS modules, so they can
participate in the general Incubator Project as committers
- please read our work documents under incubator/site-author/incubation/
for more information about the incubation process; they are
published under http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
Thanks for helping us :-)