A rough timeplot of the growth of members of The Apache Software Foundation, total Top Level Projects (PMCs) and overall committer ids.
See also: ASF Historical timeline
See also: ASF Contributor timeline
Total Committers (scale:3000) >
Total Members (scale:500) >
Members with voting rights >
Total Projects (PMCs) (scale:200) >
Other important ASF events (in different colors)
Count of ASF Members And Projects
- Jagged jumps assume that newly elected nominees became members 30 days after the date of the meeting they were elected at.
- Counts of voting-eligible members are copied forward as well to smooth the lines.
- The count of emeritus and deceased members (i.e. members without voting rights) does not always account for the exact dates someone went emeritus.
- Events includes ApacheCons (green lines) and select key board resolutions (purple lines) in our early history (up through creation of the incubator).
- Committer counts are only accurate after 2004 (when we switched to SVN)
- Committers use the yellow scale to the left (Projects scale on the left in green); Members the orange scale to the right