The form on this page will allow you to create a foaf file for use with the ASF Committer information. Rest assured though, it's a standard foaf file that can be used anywhere!
Once created you have 2 choices to have your file included.
Please choose one, and only one of the following:
- Commit it to the committers/info directory with a filename of your ASF ID with an extension of '.rdf'.
e.g. if your ASF ID is bloggs save the file as bloggs.rdf
- Put the file on the web and add a link to it in the file 'external.xml' (found in the committers/info directory). Your file can have any filename and any extension if you use this option.
-- or --
However you tell us about your file, your details should shortly appear on this site!
If you add your weblog and include a feed URL then at some point it may end up being aggregated on Planet Apache. If you don't want your weblog to be included in the Planet Apache aggregator but be included in the list of weblogs on the website then you can enter the details without the feed URL and it will not be added to the Planet Apache feed.
Please ensure that you include a title for the blog. If not, it will be listed using the URL as the title.
With such a diverse community there are often events where we have many committers attending, or events that other committers would like to know about. why not tell people about events you are attending? Meeting face to face is a great way to overcome the problems of email!
When considering adding an event please consider the following
- If it's a pure sales or marketing event, don't list it
- Does it have a direct or indirect appeal to other committers? If so, list it
There are two ways of telling us about an event.
- You can add the details to your FOAF file directly. To do this use the 'Add an Event' button and enter the details.
- You can store the event details in a seperate file and provide us with a link. You can create such a file using our Cal-A-Matic page.
If you have an ICS file available then add it this way, prefixing it with 'http://torrez.us/ics2rdf/' to allow us to retrieve it in an RDF format.
Projects that are under the auspices of the ASF should be prefixed 'Apache', i.e. 'Apache Ant' rather than just 'Ant'.
- The file default encoding is UTF-8. This can be changed if necessary, e.g. to ISO-8859-1. Please ensure that the contents agrees with the encoding, or the file will be dropped from the output.
- The homepage should be the webpage that you consider to be your homepage. It should be a publically accessible URL. Providing this is optional.
- Information colored red in the following form is considered "PRIVATE" and will not be published on any public forum.
- Notes for completing the form are towards the bottom of this page.
- Geographic co-ordinates should be entered as decimal degrees. Minutes should be converted to the appropriate fraction of the degree, for example 20°9' becomes 20.15 degrees. West and South are both negative, so '20.15S 120.5W' would be '-20.15 -120.5'. See explanations of latitude/longitude and how to determine your position via the FAQ for the other "committer map".
Only those fields marked with a '*' are required.